What’s up TRP Shuffle Around Life Readers!
Today’s topic was inspired about the current life transition and my time waiting for my meal. You see, in life there are moments where you have to practice patience. You need to be patience waiting in line to be served, while you’re waiting for an Amazon Package, or even finding someone that means the world to you. Whatever it is you’re waiting for, the currency as expressed in the last article is time (which I would highly suggest you read). One thing I noticed is, there are people in my life who are very impatient. They want everything at a moment’s notice, because if you don’t get it done it’s all excuses from there. However I’ll argue that there are some things worth being very impatient for and other things are pointless and it makes me wonder like, “Why waste your energy and effort on it?”
Don’t get me wrong, it’s not to say I don’t have my days (we’re all human) but there are certain things that you are forced to be patient with and cannot rush. For example…
- Following the rules of the road when driving on the highway or streets (people in Asia or road racers may disagree with this one).
- The ticket fines are high and it will raise a premium on your insurance the more tickets you acquire
- Waiting for a cake to bake (we all know that one person, who wanted to eat the cake immediately).
- With all things it must take time for the cake to rise, settle, and cool down.
- Delivering a baby.
- All the mothers who have listened (or have gone through delivering a baby) understands the time it takes cannot be rushed. If you ever rush a woman, well be forwarned it ain’t going to be pretty
- And etc.
The problem lies, when people have varying attitudes on gray areas of things in life that no patience can surmount. Let’s start with the following:
- Lingering Medical Conditions (sans Baby Delivery), at some point you need to see a doctor.
- Some have more serious issues than others, but if your anxious you may demand to see a doctor immediately as opposed to waiting 3-4 weeks (like I am at the moment).
- Some Restaurant Experiences
- This is very subjective perspective, my lady won’t wait for an overhyped hipster restaurant but I might, because something piqued my curiosity and I want to see it through. This also goes with fine dining experiences or eating with those who treat everything like an Instagram/Food & Wine Photoshoot at the dining table.
- Career Advancement and Professional Development
- Again another very subjective. Some may be ready to do management but your management may disagree with ‘roadblock’ your step up the ladder. Jobs that you apply will acknowledge your skill but aren’t willing to pay the price (or better yet, sneak in free consulting, to save time and money on a candidate). Whatever the case may be it can be very frustrating when you feel you’re on a timeline and tomorrow is not promised.
I bring up these points because I’d like to believe I’ve been very, VERY, patient with how life is going. Do I wish for certain things to be done faster? Absolutely. Is it going to take a lot of effort and time? Fuck yeah.
As an individual, there’s only so much waiting and sitting idle you can do until you need to make a move. I’ve been doing things in the background to prepare for this next step. It’s not easy but everything comes with a price just as Thanos knows and soon you’ll achieve progress (or in this case, deadly success).
Enjoy the weekend folks!
-R of the TRP