This interracial relationship topic came about when I read NextShark.com ’s article “Asian YouTuber Reveals How ‘Asian Girls’ Can Get a White Boyfriend in Hilarious Video.” This story was about YouTuber Vivian Vuong’s video “How To Get a White Boyfriend (for Asian Girls).” Initially, I thought the video was a self help video on how to get a Caucasian boyfriend until I watched it all the way through. It essentially was mocking Asian females that do anything to appeal to Caucasian men; from the way they look to bad mouthing Asians.
Why Is There So Much Hate With Interracial Relationships? Outline
- Have any of you seen the trend that Asian females are seeking out other ethnic males for partners?
- Is interracial relationships a trend though? Because when I was growing up I felt like I’ve seen mixed race couples all the time.
- What are your thoughts that Asian women want to elevate their social status so they date the fairer skinned?
- Where does Internalized Racism come into play here?
- Do you think Asian men would get that much flack if they exclusively date non-Asians?
- Or do you think it’s a after thought because Asian men are considered non-desirable to Non-Asians?
- So is there a double standard of interracial relationships for Asian women and men?
- Why do you think this is?
- Resource Reads:
If you want to be a guest on TheRelationshiPodcast please send us an e-mail.
You should binge on previous episodes of TheRelationshiPodcast. Start from Season 1 (Episode 1). LISTEN NOW.
This the NON-SALTY Disclaimer: ‘We at The Relationship Podcast do not discriminate based on race, sex, sexual orientation, income level, political affiliate, religion, or creed. These opinions are solely based on our own unique experiences; our opinions are not the rule. We are always open to EVERYONE’S personal life experiences and opinions. At the end of the day, we can always agree to disagree. Please enjoy the podcast.”