Everyone has started a new job and tried to navigate it successfully. Or when you transition to a new position and have to work with an entirely new team. We try to be a cohesive unit at work and avoid being the “bad cop.” The worst case scenario is having the “I can’t work with him/her.” Andrey encountered this situation recently. He decided to research tips to having more effective work relationships with coworkers. Andrey composed a lists that we will discuss today. We will starting with the most obvious and moving towards the most helpful as we go along:
Tips On Having Effective Non-Sexual Work Relationships With Coworkers? Outline
- Tips on effective interpersonal work relationships:
- Think before you speak – Avoid putting your foot in your mouth.
- Stay positive – Positivity is contagious.
- Don’t spread rumors – This is a distraction at work.
- Avoid office politics at all costs – Do what is right.
- Check your ego at the door – Do not think you know everything.
- Don’t underestimate your coworkers – Everyone has good contributions.
- Don’t treat the office as your home/play favorites – This is a place of business not the school yard.
- Were there any that you saw on any of the lists that spoke out to you? Or maybe even one that wasn’t even listed?
- Resource Reads:
If you want to be a guest on TheRelationshiPodcast please send us an e-mail.
You should binge on previous episodes of TheRelationshiPodcast. Start from Season 1 (Episode 1). LISTEN NOW.
This the NON-SALTY Disclaimer: ‘We at The Relationship Podcast do not discriminate based on race, sex, sexual orientation, income level, political affiliate, religion, or creed. These opinions are solely based on our own unique experiences; our opinions are not the rule. We are always open to EVERYONE’S personal life experiences and opinions. At the end of the day, we can always agree to disagree. Please enjoy the podcast.”