Listener Joe reached out to TheRelationshiPodcast and suggested we discuss the challenges of dating someone with a disability. By Joe’s own admission, he has a disability, and stated the difficulties he has in his current relationship. Specifically, Joe expressed the challenges he faces with his on and off, long-term, and long distance relationship. Those 3 terms put together is a relationship tsunami. After Ryan’s consultation with Joe, Ryan wondered how people with disabilities cope with relationship problems.
Relationships: Dating People With Disabilities And The Challenges Outline
- What is your definition of a disabled person?
- Do you think disabled men or women have a harder time dating or being in relationships?
- Is a disabled ailment(s) a deal breaker for you?
- Would your answer be different if it was a physical vs mental disability?
- If your partner suddenly became disabled, would you continue the relationship?
- Why or why not?
- Is there more unconditional relationships with disabled versus non-disabled?
- Why or why not?
- What kind of advice would you give someone that may want to consider dating someone with a disability?
- Resource Reads:
If you want to be a guest on TheRelationshiPodcast please send us an e-mail.
You should binge on previous episodes of TheRelationshiPodcast. Start from Season 1 (Episode 1). LISTEN NOW.
This the NON-SALTY Disclaimer: ‘We at The Relationship Podcast do not discriminate based on race, sex, sexual orientation, income level, political affiliate, religion, or creed. These opinions are solely based on our own unique experiences; our opinions are not the rule. We are always open to EVERYONE’S personal life experiences and opinions. At the end of the day, we can always agree to disagree. Please enjoy the podcast.”