Facebook Dating? It was just announced this past week that Facebook is going to be entering the online dating market. It’s such big news that Match Group shares fell almost 20%. For those unaware, Match Group is the parent company of Match, Tinder, Plenty of Fish, and okCupid, amongst other services. The TRP team along with special guest Kundai from NYC discuss if we would use Facebook Dating, the pros and cons, and if Facebook can successful in this space.
Facebook Dating Entering the Online Dating Market Outline
- Would you use Facebook Dating if you had the opportunity? Why?
- What is some of the added value of going with a Facebook Dating service?
- Do you see any potential downsides to having Facebook handle your dating life? I.e. privacy, security, knowing friends of friends, fear of stalkers
- Is there anything that you’d like to see Facebook implement when they start fleshing out this service?
- Some people are speculating that Facebook Dating will disrupt the market, but the competition will bounce back. This is mainly because Facebook’s user base skews older than the users of other services. Reference: Can Facebook Smother Tinder’s Flame?
- Do you feel this speculation is true, or should we expect Facebook Dating to surpass the competition?
- If you like this episode, you should listen to
If you want to be a guest on TheRelationshiPodcast please send us an e-mail.
You should binge on previous episodes of TheRelationshiPodcast. Start from Season 1 (Episode 1). LISTEN NOW.
This the NON-SALTY Disclaimer: ‘We at The Relationship Podcast do not discriminate based on race, sex, sexual orientation, income level, political affiliate, religion, or creed. These opinions are solely based on our own unique experiences; our opinions are not the rule. We are always open to EVERYONE’S personal life experiences and opinions. At the end of the day, we can always agree to disagree. Please enjoy the podcast.”