Chilaquiles. It only took me (Ryan) 10+years to try this Anepelco Cafe’s version and have something to talk about with Mr. Don Juan of Taiwan (John). While John is reflecting across the ocean in his homeland of Taiwan during this important time (you’re in our thoughts, brother), Infatchewasian Season 2 is all about comparing and contrasting what’s good in NorCal vs. SoCal.
In this episode, the challenger is NorCal’s (Napa original) spot called Grace’s Table, which I tried, way back in 2014 (I know, I should go back to be fair but the episode sort of wrote itself, *shrugs*). We break down classically how the recipe is, what the merits are between these two, and whether or not we’ll ever go back for seconds.
Our Food Cred:
Ryan: The Break Dancing Bourdain is a food writer/ex-restaurant/hospitality professional. Check it out here.
Andrey: Sous Chef 1 has +30 years specializing in consuming Indonesian food and avid cook.
John: The OutEatMeBro Sous Chef 2 was Yelp Elite from 2011 to 2012. Check it out here.
Our Rating Scale: Each of us have a star that we can apply to our episode’s central theme. With a maximum of 3-stars that can be earned at the most.
- 1 Star = Our Favorite. Always consistent and willing to go back for seconds or thirds.
- 0.5 Star = Somewhat inconsistent and on the fence with the quality
- 0 Star = Forget about it. We don’t even want to go back or resample anything.
Wanna go to the places we mentioned mid-episode? Click on the links below and let us know what you think:
- El Farolito– San Francisco, CA (Mission District)
- Leo’s Taco Truck (Tireshop taco truck also Featured via Buzzfeed’s Worth It Series)- Los Angeles, CA (South Central)
- Taqueria Sinaloa (also featured in Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservation visit to the Bay Area) – Oakland, CA (International Blvd.)
If you want to be a guest on our podcast, please send us an e-mail within the subject line: InFatChewAsian or TheRelationshiPodcast
Listen to TheRelationshiPodcast if you have not already. Start from Season 1, Episode 1 of InfatchewAsian LISTEN NOW.
This is the LOW-SODIUM Disclaimer: ‘We at InFatChewAsian do not discriminate based on race, sex, sexual orientation, income level, political affiliate, religion, creed, or taste buds. You eat what you like. These opinions are solely based on our own dining experiences; our palates are not the rule. We are always open to EVERYONE’S personal consumption habits. At the end of the day, we can always agree to not eat at the same places. Please enjoy and inhale the podcast.”
Intro music from The PassionHiFi and lyrics by JLewd.